Friday, July 18, 2008

Sleeping through the night?

I thought we had it down. Obviously not. Here is our night:
7:45- Chloe and Ava both in bed for the night.
8:15- Growly voice from Chloe's room "I AM NOT TIRED." Mommy and Daddy laughing hysterically on the couch upon hearing this repeated and understanding what Chloe was saying.
8:23- Chloe joins Mommy and Daddy on the couch.
9:00- Chloe back to bed.
2:53am- "Potty!! Potty! Potty!!" Daddy up to take Chloe potty, who does not actually pee. Chloe back to bed.
5:23am- Ava screaming hysterically, nearly rips my boob off when she sees me. Ava back to bed.
6:00am- "Mommy! Mommy I wake up! It's not night time now!"
6:37am- Daddy takes Chloe potty, puts her back to bed.
7:31am- Mommy up for the day writing a blog to keep herself sane. Chloe never went back to sleep. Fun day ahead.

2 comments:

  1. hey - that's not too bad - especially Ava making it all the way to 5:23! What I would give for a full night of sleep!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO SORRY.

    For one of the first times, we are actually having all kids sleep all night. I probably just jinxed myself now by saying that.

    But until about a week ago Eva Rose was being locked IN her room at night -in a pull-up - because she had developed this charming habit of waking up at 5am and waking up all her siblings as well.

    We also bribe them, if they stay in bed until Mr Sun comes up, they get a piece of candy. Every morning. I imagine we will be doing this thru high school. And that's ok.

    Desperate times call for desperate measures.

    ReplyDelete