Friday, August 29, 2008

Dodge that Sippy Cup!

I am a clean freak. I enjoy a clean shiny house an immeasurable amount. I can't relax in squalor. Granted, with two kids my house isn't always pristine but the basics are pretty darn clean if I may say so. My car is another story.

Yesterday my dear sweet girlfriend offered to take my girls for the day so I could run about 1 million errands child-free. I'm still not done getting ready for Ava's party so I had a lot to do and thankfully I completely trust this other mommy with my girls. (She's a warrior, she also has twin boys who are 18 mos old, so she had 4 kids under 3, all day long...).

So I jump in my car, list in hand, ready to go!! Pull out of the garage, head down the street and have to suddenly slam on my breaks to dodge a wayward teen on a bike in the middle of the road. What whizzes past my hands on the steering wheel? A sippy cup full of something. One I hadn't see for a while. Who knows what toxic semi-liquid it contains??!!!

My car could be considered squalor. Stale food in open baggies, shoes, hair bows, tons of toys, trash, babies (Chloe's dolls, not my own children!), sweatshirts, books, lists, receipts, aforementioned sippy cup and plenty of it's brothers and sisters. Ew! I was so embarassed to be driving around in such a junk wagon!! The cup holders were too full for a yummy cup of Four-bucks (Starbucks), not to mention sticky beyond belief from spilled soda. Ughh!!

After being out for 4 hours (yes, 4 hours driving thru traffic around town!) I picked up my girls and went home. First thing I did after hubby got home and fed us dinner (because I was exhausted and cranky due to disgusting car): clean the junk wagon out!! Two grocery bags of trash, one of toys, and one duffle bag of more of the girls stuff later....my car was pretty. Not to mention vacuuming out Chloe's car seat which is perpetually full of crumbs (you mommies understand that one...). I'm a relaxed woman now. And how long do I give it before my car returns to it's junky ways...ummm....three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment