Have you ever had one of those days where you're so grouchy and there's really no good reason for it? Yesterday, today....hmmm....
I just can't seem to find the true joy of the Lord and my poor husband and children are suffering because of it. I really have no good reason to be grouchy. There are a few nagging things that are bugging me but really I'm so blessed and should be shouting with joy daily.
Mommies are not perfect. (Gasp!) Let me reiterate. We are not perfect. We snap at our kids, make sarcastic comments to our husbands, yell a little bit (or "speak passionately"), and have these days. It's hard to recover from them because they involve (gulp) apologies and repentance. Both of these are hard for me sometimes. Especially when I have no good reason for being grouchy! It's kind of a big deal for me to be vulnerable on a blog (with all of my 2 readers getting a glimpse of this rare moment!). I like to think that I have things together,but maybe this is one of those humbling moments the Lord likes to bless me with.
I need to get out of this funk today. I'm watching my sweet friend's twins and it's one thing to be grouchy to your own kids, it's totally another to be grouchy with someone else's kids! So I'm off to pray, pray, pray for joy today (and tomorrow), make some Mickey Mouse pancakes and listen to some goofy music my kids love. Any ideas for cheering up (or sharing of your own grouchy moments so I don't feel like such a jerk) would be welcomed with open arms!
so weird... my google readers hasn't been picking up your posts... so I didn't realize you had updated!
ReplyDeleteSo, here goes...
I am totally grouchy, too. I find myself constantly thinking "Snap out of it!" I put myself in timeouts, seriously! I tell my kids that mommy needs timeouts, too. The other day I was praying outloud, asking God to forgive me for not having patience. After I said, "Amen", my oldest said, "Isn't it great that God forgives you when you are mean."
ugh!
Hang in there, Mommmy! We are all in this together and I will give you a big hug when I see you next!