So a few months ago I found this fab pre-school in town. Talked to a few girlfriends and got some great recommendations. And yesterday a girlfriend urged me to get #1 on the waiting list if I was even remotely interested in this Fab School. So I filled out an app and requested a tour. For admission for next fall.
#1 turns three this Friday. Where has the time gone??? I feel like she's so grown up already and I know she would thrive in the Fab School. But it breaks my heart to let her go. I'm sure most mommies feel this way. I don't weep over her growing up, I weep over my not taking full advantage of every minute I have with her.
As a SAHM it's too easy to take this priveledge for granted. To turn on the TV for the kids instead of reading the Elmo book for the 50th time. To wish for them to have a little more independence. To wish for it to be naptime so the Soccer Mom can update her blog or shop online. Guilty, guilty, guilty. I have a sweet friend who teaches part time and she is such an awesome example to me of loving on her boys every second she's home with them, even when she's tired or cranky or feeling like she needs a break.
So my prayer lately is for renewed strength and patience with my kids, to find joy in the things that seem repetitive or annoying, to have the playful spirit of a child. I know how blessed I am to be able to be home with my girls.
So back to the big question...public, private or kitchen table?? Public scares me. Sweet Friend teaches public school and she laughs at my fears of 5 year old cliques, and liberal curriculum. Private school costs would require the sale of some organs on the black market. Not willing to lose that kidney yet. So the kitchen table? What curriculum do I use? Will #1 even listen to me? Is this the best way to build an educational foundation?? What happens when she hits 5th grade and I can't teach her math anymore?? (Seriously! Soccer Mom + long division= NOT A CHANCE!).
I know this is a long way off, but it all starts with the Fab School. I don't fear this one because it's a Christian school, with excellent recommendations. But what about Kinder? How do I tell #1, "Sorry no more school! Let's learn at home!".
Okay, any lurkers out there with school aged kids, hit me up! What do you think?? I'm open to suggestions....
Hi! I found your blog through Missy's.
ReplyDeleteI do homeschool and I was terrified at first. It does seem overwhelming when you first start. This is our sixth year. I have a
5th, 3rd, 2cd grader (and a two year old). It is hard at times, but it is so worth it.
But, your husband does need to be in complete agreement with you or it won't work. Talk with him and tell him all you are thinking about.
I would love to talk with you some more. My blog is http://itstartedwithlove.blogspot.com and my email is clarksrfun@gmail.com.
Your blog design is too cute, BTW. Wendy