- The children of the Soon-to-be Soccer Mom do not travel well. They also do not adjust quickly to being back at home. (Hence the screaming coming from #1's room right now!) It doesn't matter the amount of and quality of snacks I bring in the car, they always want something different. I prepare and prepare by leashing all of their comfort items to them/their carseats but sippys still get dropped, gee gees (pacifiers) are still thrown across the car, basically any activity that makes Mommy bend like a pretzel to comfort a child occurs!
- The Soccer-Mom thrives on organization and coffee. These two things make trips like this bearable.
- Reminder: cut 3 year olds a lot of slack when they're in a strange environment with 5 people trying to parent them. Give them space. And peppermints when no one is looking.
- We are incredibly blessed to have family that absolutely adores our girls! Sweet aunts and uncles that take #1 out for the entire day (and get her to nap! in a strange place!!and bring her back clean!!!). Grandparents that love to show our girls off to their friends. Aunts and Uncles that take us on beautiful child-friendly hikes and take numerous potential Christmas card photos. We're just blessed.
- My kids love dogs. They love to let dogs lick them with their mouths wide open. I'm sure the dogs like this too. The Soon-to-be Soccer Mom: not so much.
- Despite spending 5 days with Hubby, I miss him. I miss our time alone. I miss having a bedroom with a door. And an actual bed to sleep in. Possible cuddle time tonight.
- Reminder: eating is one of my favorite hobbies. Especially Thanksgiving food. Yum. I could definetly do this monthly. My pants, on the other hand, could not. The waistband is a wee bit snug!
Fit Friday Update:
Well, as most of you probably guessed, this Mommy ate her weight in stuffing and pie! I decided holidays don't count when you're trying to eat healthy!! I did go grocery shopping today though and made some very healthy choices for my meals this week!! Eggs with veggies for breakfast, cheese and grapes for snacks, healthy dinner menu planned....I'm determined not to let the holiday season get the best of me!!
I'm definetly ready for December! (If only it weren't 80 degrees today!) I'm ready for Christmas music, yummy baking, wrapping gifts (half the fun of giving is wrapping the gift in fun and creative ways!) and most of all celebrating the birth of Jesus! I bought a fun nativity Advent calendar from Target a few days ago and I'm so excited to teach Chloe about Advent!
Happy November 30th internet friends!!

gees... where do you find these cute layouts? i love the new pics!
ReplyDelete