Friday, May 22, 2009

An End of An Era...Or Two Years.

We've been kicking around the idea of purchasing our own home forever, it seems. When that didn't pan out a few weeks ago I became content to stay where we are, our little 1,100 sq foot house with the cute back yard and fabulous next door neighbors. We've brought home a baby to this house, had birthday parties here, Christmases, lot's of laughter and a ton of love.

Yesterday we checked our mail and had received a notice from our leasing company that the owner did not want to renew our lease. Me, being me, of course wondered "what did we do??". Obviously, short of paying our rent on time every month and taking wonderful care of this house, we did nothing to warrant the lease non-renewal. It is what it is.

I'm such an emotional person that I immediately started crying. I would not be so sad had it been our choice to leave. But when it's not our choice and now I'm faced with a) packing! which I hate and b) finding somewhere else to rent and c) leaving a place with so many memories I break down! I'll suck it up and start packing in a day or two. But until then I'll be sad.

It's God's perfect timing, and he's never left us to be homeless before. I'm sure he's preparing us for something new and maybe it's an answer to my constant prayer for more space for the girls and to expand our family.

But I'll miss our little Bahama Way house. We were so excited to move in here after living in apartments the first few years of our marriage and it's been such a blessing the last 2 years being 5 minutes away from everything in our town. I guess this is just the reality of a renter.

Sigh.

As soon as I figure out where we're going to live I can stop stressing over decorating ideas and whether we'll have enough furniture to fill a bigger house (we won't). Poor hubby will now spend his 10 days off before summer schools starts packing and moving.

We told Chloe last night and she was excited! She asked for a house with stairs. And when I told her we wouldn't live next to our fabulous neighbors and their two cute dogs reality struck her little 3 year old heart and she joined me in crying over our move.

Hopefully she's big enough to help in the packing (yeah right!), or at least entertain Ava so Mommy can pack! If anyone has any great moving tips, please share. I'm about to just throw everything away and start over at our new place! That's how much I hate packing.

Happy Friday! Enjoy your 3 day weekend. And be thankful for where you are and the people that are there with you. That's what's made our house special, family. And no matter where we end up, it'll be the 4 of us together, with new memories and more laughter and a ton more love.

No comments:

Post a Comment