Friday, July 10, 2009

Pray. *Update*

Have you ever wanted something so badly that you begged God, resisting the urge to bargain, but pleading incessantly to our Creator? That's the state of our house hunt this morning. We found The House last night. And as much as I want to keep quiet about it, I can't. I'm asking you to beg God with me. I keep thinking that if this is His plan for us, I would understand everything that's happened the last month. And if it's not, I'll probably cry, and I won't understand, but I'll know he has something else. I'd like to say I'd be okay with it, but I probably won't. At least not immediately. So friends, please pray for His will to be done in this situation. Pray that He will provide us with a Home, not just a house (and pray it's the one we loved last night!). This house literally has everything on my checklist (except the laundry is in the garage. the oversized garage that could be converted into a laundry room).

We submitted our strongest offer and gave the seller (yes, seller, not bank, it's actually a standard sale! a rarity in CA!) until 12:00 Saturday to respond. So pray with us friends. I totally don't believe in luck, but there are a few factors that inspire me to think that this may be the one for us: 1. Yesterday was my bff Shea's birthday, also the day we found The House. 2. Our closing date would be August 14. Exactly 13 years to the day that my parents moved into their house in our town that I went to high school in. So 13 years later, I could be moving into my own home in the same town! Nifty huh?

Sigh.

Thanks friends, the Lord hears the prayers of His people.



*Update* Didn't get the house. Not surprised, just disappointed. The listing agent passed up two conversations with our agent to let us know they couldn't take our type of financing. Same problem on every standard sale we've come accross. Thanks for your thoughts of and prayers for our little family!

2 comments:

  1. Praying so hard that my fingers & toes are all crossed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry Lisa. I know you are disappointed. It is okay to be disappointed though. God knows and cares.

    ReplyDelete