Monday, August 17, 2009

Things to Look Forward To

I'm still in shock a bit over our offer getting accepted on our new house. Part of me doesn't want to talk/blog/think about it because there's still so much that can go wrong in the the next 45 days. The rest of me is super excited and wants to blog about it in order to preserve these memories, good or bad.

We have experienced God's faithfulness and His growing pains so vividly this summer. This amazing blessing of a home of our own is a testimony of His faithfulness, hands down.

So, because I'm a list maker, a list of the things I most look forward to in our new house...
  1. Painting white walls with beautiful color. Painting cabinets, the insides of closets and the panty. I HATE WHITE WALLS.
  2. Creating memories with the girls in a home we know we'll be in for a LONG time! This should really be #1 on the list, but I was staring at the white wall in front of me as I typed #1 and that's what came out....
  3. There's a big space in the back with huge garden-potential! We've talked about planting berries, tomatoes, watermelons, pumpkins...the list goes on. Guess I should read up on gardening!
  4. Getting rid of a ton of stuff before we move, moving in and having everything organized and uncluttered! My new motto: less is more!
  5. Using our home however God wants. I love hostessing and having friends over all the time, that's been one of my deepest struggles this summer: our home is just not visitor friendly here with boxes still packed and only the bare essentials in usable order! Add in a scary burglary and frankly we just don't want to be here, ever, let alone have others in this place that we're so uncomfortable in!
  6. Watching my husband enjoy his backyard! He loves working in the yard, mowing etc. I'm so happy he'll have a yard that he can do whatever he wants in!
  7. A dog? A baby? Who knows?! We'll now have room for both!
So I've started putting together an "idea book" of decorating/gardening/organizing pages from the internet and magazines, and I just can't wait to get started!

3 comments:

  1. i hate you and your ready to paint white walls!!! oh and are you excited about your pantys or your pantry... lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad for you. I want to see the before and afters when you paint those walls. You could do a whole design series like The Nester!

    ReplyDelete