Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Cows and Boots

In celebration of our first rainy day this fall I got the girls new boots last night at my fave store, Tar-jay! Actually, my children have outgrown everything they own and we had a little incident with Chloe losing her shoes last week, so now she has two pairs and hopefully that annoying situation can be avoided now!

So....Ava Joy's new boots! On sale at Target for 14.99, more than I would usually spend on shoes for my 2 year old...but they're so cute and cozy!

And Chloe's way cute new boots, spent way more on these than I usually would but her foot growth has slowed a bit and she can wear them with dresses and pants, I'm determined we'll get our 22.99 out of them! She is too, she even kept them on during naptime today! She only wanted them off today when she noticed they turned the bottom of her tights a brownish purple.
And finally, Chik-fil-A brought us brunch at MOPS today! It was delicious and I learned that they have a TON of free, fun, family-oriented stuff going on in their restraunts! The once in our town is giving away free kid's meals on Halloween for kids who come in wearing their costumes! Our local store is also going to be doing free gift wrapping at Christmas! And on Tuesdays kids get a free meal with each adult combo purchase! (Like I really need another reason not to cook!)
The cow came and visitied the 3's and 4's in their classes. Chloe was terrified and stayed away from him but asked me repeatedly what the cow's shirt said. I tried to explain the "eat more chicken" thing to her, but she didn't get it. But she and Ava loved screaming "eat more chicken!" all afternoon!
See what my blog has come to? Pictures of boots (without my children since I didn't even have time today to take pics of them wearing the boots!) and pictures of a cow. And free advertising for Chik-fil-A.
Hopefully, very very soon, we'll have good news about our upcoming move!! I can't wait to post new house pics!

3 comments:

  1. Okay, love the boots. Abbie would too. I am so glad I am not the only one whose children lose their shoes. I just don't understand it.

    Love me some Chick-Fil-A too. I'll have to check with mine and see what they offer free.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My girls have the solid brown ones too! They LOVE them! Hope all is going well for you!

    ReplyDelete