Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Morning...

Good morning to you and the Merriest Christmas!! What am I doing blogging at 6:22am on Christmas morning?? Well I've been up for hours and Hubs and two of my three children are fast asleep...a certain boy in my uterus likes to play at this time of the day....

The coffee is brewed, the cinnamon rolls are ready to go in the oven, the Christmas tree is lit and our heater is humming as it's a frigid 28 degrees outside! Yes, this really is southern California!! Don't worry, it's supposed to warm up to 65 later! Ha!

This wee kicking babe has reminded me all night what Mary must have felt like around this time of year (or whenever the experts say Jesus was really born...). I'm so not Mary, and this little one of course is not the Holy Child. But I have to say I've thought of Mary a lot this season. Giving birth in a barn. Having visitors come shortly after...did she wonder about her appearance, post labor and delivery? Or was the fact that she held in her arms the Christ-baby too much to allow such petty thoughts? What was her labor like? It would be fitting for it to be smooth, as she was birthing God's son...but I don't think the curse of man would allow that.

I've felt so blessed carrying this child. This son, this boy who will arrive to two precious sisters and parents who are so excited for his arrival. We've picked out a name and I say it over and over to myself, loving it more each time.

As I anxiously await the awakening of my sleepyheads I am wondering what this next year will bring to our family. It seems there's been a major "thing" with us each year since we had Chloe, and I wonder what trials and blessings 2010 will show us. Last night Hubs said he was so thankful that it was the end of this decade because this New Years nobody would be able to wear those stupid glasses that have a 2 and then two 0's for the eyes followed by a 9.



But look what I found!! Ha ha ha!

I think he needs a pair of these bad boys....

I hope and pray you have a wonderful day, celebrate Jesus' birth, and enjoy time with family and friends.

Blessings,



1 comment:

  1. I love the comments about the glasses. My hubs and I just had that same conversation about 2 weeks ago. I'm sending him this link. Hilarious!

    Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete