Friday, February 26, 2010

A Service Announcement to All Mascara Wearing Women



See this beautiful little tube of mascara? With it's bejeweled wand and funky green color....DON'T BE FOOLED! Don't make the mistake I did and stray from what you know works because you're distracted and enticed by something new and shiny.

This is the worst mascara I have ever used in my life.

THE WORST.

I've brand-hopped quite a bit in my 14 years of wearing make up. Maybelline has never been my favorite but this masacara put them on on the "I will never try a mascara from them again" list.

The wand is advertised as "shape to the lash". What it is is flimsy. And tiny. It's supposed to define each lash but I found myself yelling at the wand to "man-up and put some mascara on my lashes!" (No joke, I really yelled it.) I have pretty short, thin, almost non-existant lashes and this stuff did NOTHING FOR ME.

You know how when you put mascara on, sometimes you get the stuff on your eyelid right above your lash line? Well I always use a q-tip and a little water to get it off. THIS STUFF WOULD NOT COME OFF MY SKIN. I read the back of the package and you have to use Maybelline's own eye makeup remover. I couldn't find my Clinique eye make up remover so I tried a baby wipe (the solution to everything in my house) and that didn't work either. So now I have tiny, clumpy looking lashes, and mascara all over my eye lids. I was running out of time to get ready so I had to leave the house like that. Now I'll spend all morning looking for my Target receipt so I can take this HORRIBLE mascara back and buy my usual mascara.

So disappointed in this product, obviously if I felt the need to trash it warn you about it on my blog!!!


ps. Just enabled the new post editor on here...it's fabulous!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...I have the SAME mascara except it's in the pink tube. It's waterproof also. BUT...after a few hours it looks like I've got that black grease paint that football players smear under their eyes. Yes, the mascara somehow migrates onto the skin under my eyes (and enhances my already ridiculous dark circles).

    I'll totally jump on the bandwagon with you. I love Maybelline Great Lash, but this one just wasn't good.

    Great...does this mean I really should splurge on the Dior Show mascara now?? Ugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the heads up! I have almost non-existent eyelashes so I always am on the lookout for one that will cover, but not clump. I'll skip this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hilarious, and ridiculous and sad. I'm sorry. This majorly stinks. I love to try new mascara in hopes that I will find something that makes my eyes look like a baby tarantula has camped out on them. You know, loooooooong and luscious. It still hasn't happened. It has to my daughter, thanks to her Dad, and that's not fair. But thanks for the heads up, I might have been fooled.

    ReplyDelete