Wednesday, February 10, 2010

So. Tired.

I miss good sleep. I've said before that good sleep keeps this mommy happy. I don't need more than 8 hours, but I need 8 uninterrupted. consecutive. hours.

That hasn't happened for many moons. No matter how tired I am. How much I don't drink before bed. How late I stay up or how many naps I skip. Still, no rest for the weary (and very pregnant).

You'd think the human body would prepare you for those sleepless newborn nights by letting you get lot's of sleep in the two months leading up to Pee Wee's arrival.

Nope.

Here's a list of other things I cannot do right now:

Put socks and shoes on very easily...

Shave my legs...

Paint my toenails...

Sit on the floor for very long (thank you California Adventure Playhouse Disney show for providing a pathetic cement floor for me to sit on for 20 minutes...why are the padded benches reserved and not for pregnant people??!!!)

Wash anything at my sink without soaking my belly area of my shirt...

Walk up the Hill of Death (aka driveway) at Chloe's preschool without panting and sweating...

Pass up a box of donuts that is audibly calling my name in Target...

But the end is in sight...floating baby says 59 days! Yay!!! I'm so very thankful for this baby and pregnancy, don't get me wrong. I'm also just so very. very. tired.

Here's a recent belly shot (I hate these):


But I do love how Ava is snuggled up to my belly! (please ignore my second chin in this picture...it's the donut's fault!)

3 comments:

  1. oh lisa! believe me, i know how you feel! I'm actually sleeping BETTER with an infant than I was being pregnant. You're almost there! Hang in there, you're doing great!!! Love your posts - you are sooo funny. I don't think I saw this comical side back in our TERI days. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read this post. It comforted me as I did not sleep at ALL last night. You wrote in on my due date one year ago!

    Melody

    ReplyDelete