Friday, April 9, 2010

Things that made me laugh this week...

Some things that made me laugh this week (and maybe I can share that laughter with you!)
* Our neighbor's little girls telling us that their little brother was bugging their mom. Why was he bugging their mom? Because he wanted to her to pick him up and she couldn't. Because she had surgery on her "upper body". Yes, it was what you think it was. Be careful what you tell your children!
* Chloe asking us at dinner last night if "all the people inside her were catching her food in bags?" Clarification: all the people inside her are Jesus and God. Apparently mealtime is like a pinata busting open to those who live in your heart. At least Chloe thinks it is.
* Chloe learned some very interesting language in the last week that was hilarious to hear her repeat...the two phrases were: "taking a dump" and "screwed up" as in "this light makes my eyes all screwed up" as we turn the night light on at bedtime. We explained the inappropriate nature of both phrases (we are very strict with language in our house, I know she didn't hear those things from us...I think it was from out of town family) and she was over it.
* Last weekend was my grandfather's funeral. Not a funny event. What was funny was when I found out he was buried without shoes on and my grandmother said "oh well, he's not going anywhere!".
* Ava being Ava. Giggling, making silly faces, playing with her sister and just being herself. The girl is FUNNY! She has been in heaven this week since Chloe's been home from pre-school on spring break.
* This weeks' repeat episode of "Modern Family". One very funny show if you ask me. This week was the Valentine's episode...the scene with Phil and Claire in the bar had me rolling from start to finish. So glad I dvr-ed it.

What things lightened up your week?? (April I know you have some fun Josh stories you're dying to share...)


No comments:

Post a Comment