1. Property taxes perplex me. I don't understand anything about them. And when you get what looks like a bill for an additional $4300 it is even more confusing. As if paying hundreds of thousands of dollars for a house weren't enough....
2. Aforementioned property tax drama has added to my already almost-nervous-breakdown-ish week.
4. The oldest of the two littles thinks they're moving because they don't like us anymore. Sad, sad, sad face. I corrected her. But her heart is sad.
5. Chloe and Ava and their daddy are currently at a fire station on a field trip. So precious that my girls were estatic to visit a fire station. They are in awe of firefighters and police officers! They wave at firetrucks whenever we see one.
6. I need a house keeper. Bottom line. I can't do it all. Hopefully when Hubs' year ends I can transfer responsibility of a few household chores to him. Including our finances. Yikes. My least favorite.
7. My girls have been doing chore charts the last month. At first they worked beautifully. Joyful little hands made their beds daily. Now we're back to whiny-town when it comes to bed making. Maybe I need to amp up the incentives.
8. After today, three more days of preschool. I hope Chloe handles this transition well since she adores her teacher.
9. With preschool ending I'm getting excited about starting homeschooling next year! We're going through a charter school, but there's been "talk" about CA changing the age cut off for kindergarten next year to save money (our state stinks). If this is implemented, Chloe will miss the cut off by two months. So no charter school for us. But I'll still start kinder with her...she's ready.
10. Silas slept the best yet last night. Ate at 9:30, then 1:30 then slept until 7. Praise Jesus.
11. Once again, CA stinks. Teacher pay cuts and an increase in cost of healthcare are terrible. Why is our lame state doing whatever they can to hurt teachers (layoffs, furlough days, pay cuts)? My husband's district is looking at 7 furlough days (unpaid days off) and teacher layoffs and has made the statement that they won't implement any money saving ideas that put financial burden on the community. But I guess it's okay to put a financial burden on teachers and their families. I don't understand how governement can be so fiscally irresponsible for years, then when the ball finally drops, hardworking families are the ones getting hit the hardest.
Okay, off my soapbox now. Phew! We're supposed to have a beautiful, hot weekend ahead of us so I'm predicting lot's of water play and frozen juice boxes in our household! Have a lovely day!
I'm so sorry you are having such a tough time (and your girls too). It is so hard to see their little hearts hurting.
ReplyDeleteI might have some ideas about thc chore charts and whining if you are interested. Don't want to be handing out advice if you don't want it :).
And that really does stink about the school stuff. So glad you are starting homeschool. Start small and you will do great! Really check out the charter school situation though becuase many times you will be required to teach what the charter school/state wants you to teach and not what you want to teach. Or you could just move to AL! Very low homeschool restrictions :)