Thursday, September 2, 2010

Once Again, I'm Overwhelmed

Blah, blah blah. The End.

Just kidding. I don't know how all of you moms-with -more- than -two -kids -who- also- homeschool -feed your- family -blog- eat -and -sleep- on -a- semi -regular- basis do it.

I neglected about 6 things just to write that sentence. I won't even tell you what my house looks like. Well, maybe a little. Let's just say the dress-up is abundant and there's wooden cupcakes everywhere.

We're having fast food for dinner. Again. Because I haven't been to the grocery store in over a week.

My car almost has more stuff in it than my house. (I feel like between our trip to pismo beach last weekend-picutres to come if I ever get a second to edit them- and our trip to Disneyland on Tuesday we have been living in that car.) Kids are begging for playdates. The thought of one more kid in my house gives me a mini panic attack. Homeschool's been okay. A certain someone hasn't had the best attitude about it lately, and that makes it hard to be a joyful, homeschooling Mommy. Our supplies still aren't organized. In fact, they're still on the floor in the living room. Each day they get moved a bit to make room for Silas to roll.

I need one night to sit down and make a master homeschool plan for our week, but that means I'd have to give up sleep. Or eating. Neither of those are negotiable right now so each morning I wing it. Thankfully our curriculum doesn't require much planning, I'm just a freak that wants a detailed plan for myself.

So what's the secret? What do you give up? Right now it's tv and blogging and time with my husband. The time thing isn't my choice but he's been working a lot later thus getting home a lot later and I usually fall asleep pretty early.

Please....tell me your secret.....

1 comment:

  1. The secret----"You don't do it all". I wish there was a better answer. Something is always having to give. And you can bet that those who look like they are doing it all, really aren't. Remember, your kids need a Super-Jesus, not a Super-mom. Not trying to be preachy, because I am feeling just the way you are right now. And this is my 8th year. I don't know that it ever really goes away. Run to Jesus and ask Him what you need to do with your days. Ask your husband what he wants you to do with your days. Get help when you need to. Take a day off from school and organize a little bit. Or clean a little bit. Or take a nap.

    I am antsy myself right now and feel like things are all out-of-sync, and I guess they are. But, this is the life I have today. You can pray for me that I will turn to the Lord to live it for today. And I will pray for you today too.

    ReplyDelete