Monday, September 13, 2010

Wow! A blog! What a novel idea!

I have about 13 free minutes while the girls Hi-5 themselves for the day. Honestly, this show and an episode and a half of "Word World" are all they get each day. And Word World? Genius show! Has taught my kids more about letters in a few episodes than I could in months.

So this past week I mentioned to Hubs that Silas was acting a little funny. And what exactly did I mean by that? He cried once in a day for no apparent reason. Yeah, I lucked out with this kid. Easiest. Baby. Ever.

So yesterday I was playing hooky from church while the rest of my family (except Silas) was there, long story, and I felt in his mouth. Yup, my sweet barely 5-month old has cut two teeth. MY BABY. HAS CUT. TWO TEETH.  None of the typical teething pain, runny nose, crying all night. Almost nothing at all to indicate two sharp "bones" piercing his wittle bitty baby gums.

So we spent the rest of Sunday laying on the floor lamenting the fact that this sweet baby is getting older by the minute and where has the time gone and oh by the way Hubs says he wants another baby, maybe even two. I asked, have you met our other children? Keep dreamin' buddy! That was the end of that.

Today will consist of school, getting library books before someone snatches them up, and attempting to vacuum my house. (Silas HATES the vacuum, cries whenever it's on. So don't judge me by my filthy carpet. I avoid making my baby cry at all costs, cough, cough.) Okay and this library thing...it's got me baffled. I put books on hold online. I don't ever know when they're actually available for me. By the time I remember to go back online and check, they're available, and then 43 seconds later (it feels like) they've released them from my hold and given them away! Have I mentioned we do a literature based curriculum? Um....books are kinda important! Anyone know how this all works??

And a cute picture to get your Monday off to a good start...
My adorable one week old nephew, Dylan!

2 comments:

  1. hello, duggars!!!.... 2 more kids???
    with the way you are going, feel free to pop out a 6th, a girl, and give her to me. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa,
    I think if your email is attached to your library account, they email you when they come in. Check if that works. Make sure they have the right email.

    Even that doesn't always help me. They email me and by the time I go in they have released my hold. And I have no excuse except that I just can't get it together I guess.

    ReplyDelete