Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday Morning and Goals for 2011: House and Home

I never got around to posting this yesterday, and yes, it's pictureless, because I've been lazy and haven't taken any of the house that are halfway decent....

House: paint my blindingly white walls something warm and cozy, fresh and clean.

Home: serve my family with a servants heart and generous spirit.


House: keep up with my cleaning. turn off the tv. mop the floor.

Home: be a good steward of my homeschool time, husband time, child time and me time.

House: decorate how I want, how I like, without worrying if it's "right".

Home: use my home how we originally intended: to serve others. host once a month.

House: start a garden.

Home: simplify. every area.

I began that simplifying process yesterday by cleaning out the girls dresser and closet, sorting through baby girl clothes and giving some away. I was so pathetically emotional about the giveaway part. It felt like I was reliving every sweet memory of my girls as babies and toddlers with each pair of jeans I sorted through. I kept asking myself if giving baby clothes away meant I was done having children....I really don't have an answer to that. Most days the husband and I have differing opinions on the subject, I guess I don't have to know now, but we did say when we had Silas that if there were to be a 4th baby we'd like him/her close in age to Silas....so the clock is ticking because baby boy is (gulp) almost 9 months old.

I've been so ridiculously spoiled with having my husband home the last three weeks, which has given me time to grieve, and cry ridiculous amounts of tears over losing my grandmother 5 days before Christmas. I know she is with Jesus, in a body that does not give her pain anymore, but I miss her terribly and it feels like all of our tradition and family togetherness died along with her. I can't explain it, but she was what held our small extended family together. Andrew and I were discussing what traditions we'd like to start for the holidays with our own little family. Are there any you'd like to share with me??

So next week when I'm on my own with my three babies, pray for my patience and sanity. It feels like my nerves are still raw after the events of the last few weeks. Lot's of coffee, lot's of prayer, is what it's going to take.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment