Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Morning

Good morning Friday friends!!

Okay, that's all I've got! Have a nice weekend!

Just kidding. Sort of.

Pounding out this post while I have two very loud little girls waiting not-so-patiently for the green seven to appear on their clock. Confession: their clock may or may not be twelve minutes slow. Don't judge.

Have ya'll seen that crazy couponing show on TLC??

That is pure insanity to me. I've never "got" couponing. All these people describe it as a hobby, a thrill and sometimes an addiction. One lady said she's even skipped social events to stay home and clip coupons. (I pronounce it coo-pon, not cue-pon, in case you're wondering). All these people had these huge stockpiles of food, cleaning products, toothbrushes, etc. I get the idea that they'll never have to buy toilet paper again in their lifetime, but really, you need 6482 toothbrushes?! I don't get it. It seems wasteful. Unless they plan on passing it along to their children in their wills when they die. Can you even imagine...."sweet! mom left me her lifetime supply of Comet! yes!!"

Okay, enough couponing.

Websites I am loving lately....Chloe loves doing Ticket to Read. She has no idea that she is learning while playing fun games to improve her reading. She does it for fun, instead of playing dress up or cookie chef with her sister. (We do limit the amount of time she gets to play....don't need a gamer on our hands!)

Got some great deals this past week on Zulily.

My new favorite website for cute craft tutorials Jones Design Company. I've made the fabric flowers and the flower pin for myself and the girls. One of us wears one almost every day.

Use Photoshop Elements? Love this website for tutorials: Alibony.

And I may have been the last one on earth to find the website, but in case I'm not I'll share with you too...it'll make you want to re-do your entire house, or find someone else to do it....The Lettered Cottage.

Gotta go now! It's 7:12 and the natives are about to emerge! Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Such a funny post today Lisa. You had me laughing pretty good a few time. Love the twelve minutes late thing. Love it! Thanks for sharing your funny thought :)

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came across your blog and have really enjoyed reading it! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete