A list then....
1. I'm okay with my red hair. I know it sounds small, but it's something I've struggled with my entire life. Mostly because it makes me stand out, and I like to blend, for the most part. But my husband adores it and has finally convinced me to go natural. So for the last two months, it's been red. And I'm okay with that.
2. I'm in love with the color mustard yellow. I know, it's weird. For some reason I'm really enjoying it.
3. I'm more comfortable in my skin as a mother of three, than I was as a mother of two. Not really sure why, maybe I just don't have time anymore to think about it.
4. I used to think I wanted lots of kids. Right now I'm at three and holding. It's not that the third is so much work, but the first two are just more demanding and needy. I'm thinking it has to do with the zone defense method rather than man to man we previously used. Whenever people ask about a possible #4 I get a little overwhelmed.
5. I'm a lot less organized than I'd like to be. I'm a lot more OCD than I'd like to admit. These two things can make for some interesting afternoons with a messy house, and full schedule and three kids. I'm working on this.
6. I like trashy tv shows. There, I admit it.
7. I really hate leaving my house. Even for something fun. Not sure why, but in the last year I've become a total introvert.
8. I love to read, I love spiritually challenging books, but when I am really into a book I tend to neglect my family and read instead.
9. I love the Food Network, especially Iron Chef America. But at least 3 nights a week my husband will cook because I don't feel like it. I wish I had the drive to be a better cook.
10. We also eat pizza once a week. Which means I only cook 3 nights a week. Yikes.
I guess these things aren't entirely new 2011 things, with the exception of the love of mustard yellow. But admitting them is new. I'm all about realness. I'm often turned off from a blogging because I feel like mommy-bloggers like to present all the good stuff and not so much of the bad, or real. You're not going to find me dumping all my sour days and bad moods here, as I'm sure my children will read this someday, but I'd like to think I can be real on my own blog.
The Nester has put out a challenge to post our goals for this year for our home/life on Thursday, and I'd love to get that post together and post it. Will you as well?
You would have loved the color of our bedroom before we painted it gray... mustard yellow! EW!
ReplyDeleteI share your love for trashy tv shows and your beautiful red hair!
The picture of Silas on the sidebar is adorable.
ReplyDeleteMustard Yellow? I have never been a fan of any shade of yellow, except for this perfect shade of pale buttercup yellow that used to be in our old house.
I would love to see your red hair. Remember, Anne had red hair and I think she turned out pretty well...
Love the realness - my blog is a bit on hold right now, but that is one of the things I'm thinking through, too, to be more real and just get some things out there - great list! I would be watching the Bachelor if I could - totally!
ReplyDelete