Today on the way home from preschool I swear Silas sang along to the constantly-repeating Taylor Swift cd in my car. For reals.
This week has been a big, fat HOMESCHOOL FAIL. Just keepin' it real. Attitudes were abundant and school work got set aside to deal with them. Somebody thinks she's 5 going on 15. Not like that's okay at 15, but a little more expected than at age 5. I may or may not have text my husband and told him to call our public school and get Chloe a reservation for Monday morning, first grade.
Tomorrow I'm going thrifting and I'm almost giddy about it. I've gone a few times to the Goodwill store in our town and was less than impressed with what I found (or didn't find). But I have a friend who is pure thrift-store magic and she's inspired me to try again. So I've done some research online and have found a few new places to check out. I'm hoping to get some lovely shutter doors, picture frames, maybe an ottoman or dresser to refurbish. A girl can dream right? Because we all know I have the time to complete these projects! (Not.)
And there will (hopefully) be some pallets in our near future. I asked Facebook yesterday if it was ethical to take pallets that are set on the curb, next to a dumpster in front of a house. They've been there for weeks. I got a resounding yes, that they are in fact trash to that resident and treasure for me. If you're confused as to my love for pallets search pallet projects on Pinterest and be inspired.
Okay, off to mash my applesauce. Have a lovely weekend!
What? You mean your kids act up? :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you for taking the time to address what is important RIGHT then. You will not regret it.