Sunday, August 18, 2013

And Now I'm a Fan...

I never understood why the show Duck Dynasty was such a big deal. I'd watched a few episodes and I was not impressed. Sure I loved the Robertson's family values, their faith, and the beards are pretty intriguing. But I didn't get what all the buzz and hype was about. I'm a sucker for reality tv so I really wanted to understand.

Reminder: my life, as of January when we added our fourth child, has been a roller coaster of bliss and beauty, crazy and stress always with a theme of me feeling overwhelmed. Being so outnumbered has really done a number on me! I do remind myself that some day, when my kids are all grown and we're gathered around the table at holidays, all the chaos of now will be a distant memory and I'll be able to embrace that our large family and not feel overwhelmed.

Fast forward to Wednesday night when the husband and I tuned into the season premier of Duck Dynasty. As their whole clan gathered at Phil and Miss Kay's wedding...four sons, their wives, their children and grandchildren...it all clicked. This would be my someday, Lord willing. A generation of children and grandchildren who love Jesus, gathered together, celebrating our family.

I'm now a very big fan of the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment