Friday, January 24, 2014

Friday Morning

Sometimes...when we have a full day of school work to do but my kids are playing well, together, and outside, I let them. Instead of doing school work. Because it's so rare. And quiet. And I like it. School work can wait, right?

Sometimes....you find an article that so clearly says what's on your heart but a hundred times better than you could have said it and you just love it and want everyone with little kids to read it. In which I am learning to live with the ache.

Sometimes...your baby, who is nearly 13 months old, doesn't walk yet. And it's fine. In fact, you kind of like it because it makes him still feel like a baby who really needs you (because you still have to carry him around, all the time). So even though I sort of panic, because the other three walked before their first birthdays, I mostly just enjoy it.

Sometimes....the aforementioned baby says "Dada" for his first word. And you cry. Because you have nursed this baby, and loved on this baby, and sacrificed everything for this baby, and you're jealous. Silly, I know. But I was. And I did cry.

Sometimes....you get to blog on a Friday morning and realize how much you really miss getting to record your thoughts and moments with your kids in your own tiny space on the internet. And then you start thinking big thoughts about that space, and then sigh and realize that your time is stretched so thin still, so I should just be happy with these few stolen moments today.


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy the not walking! Sounds like you already are though. Abbie did not walk until 13 months and then she really didn't want to. She toddled around until 15 months, stopped walking completely for about two months, and then she was OFF! They get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete