Monday, January 6, 2014

Life With Four

We've now been a four-kid family for one year. (Sheppy's birthday was last Thursday! How is my baby one already!?) I have a few observations...

I don't know if it was replacing our nasty carpet with wood floors that did it, or adding a fourth child, but life is LOUD with four kids. Somebody always has something to say/sing/scream/share with me. All. Day. Long.

Laundry multiplied with three kids, and it's literally non-stop with four. As long as I don't get too far behind I really don't mind doing laundry. It kinda gives me a sense of accomplishment to see piles and piles (and piles) of neatly folded clothes. Plus baby clothes are so cute to wash and fold.

Kids eat a lot of food. Seriously. I don't know what I'll do when they're all teenagers (get a job to afford all the extra food?!).

There's ALWAYS a kid to snuggle. Always.

They really love helping each other and dote one their baby brother like nothing else. I had no idea how much they'd adopt the whole "He's OUR baby" thing. They got it down very quickly.

So far the positive comments out in public about having four small children have out numbered the negative! The other night we were at Costco and this older man stopped us and asked if all the kids are ours (we get this a lot!) and when we answered yes he excitedly said "Bravo!! What a wonderful family! Well done Mom and Dad!". So, so sweet. It's usually older people who comment and encourage us, which I love.

We're a party where ever we go. Seriously feels like traveling with a small circus. It's fun, most of the time.

Last year at this time I was seriously overwhelmed with the chaos in our home, this year I'm so thankful to say that most of the time I'm able to look past the stress and just enjoy these four littles.

No comments:

Post a Comment