Monday, September 15, 2008

Easily Entertained

My girls love Sesame Street. Slowly but surely those loveable muppets are taking over Casa Shaffer. Joy laughs like the Count. Chloe talks about the characters non-stop. It's one of two shows I allow the girls to watch (the other being "Blue's Clues", I know, shoot me now!). So this morning PBS won over another mommy. I love Irvine, Oscar the Grouch's niece. Chloe's obsessed with the episode "Grouch Bath Time" and I sat down to watch a few minutes in between dishes and chasing Ava Joy around and pulling string from her mouth. This character cracks me up! I was laughing out loud. Irvine wants to take a bath and Oscar is trying to convince her otherwise (what good grouch uncle wouldn't?). Ernie brings her a "rubber yucky" and a gross old scratchy towel and Stinky the Stinkweed brings her some stinky soap. Oscar caves and Irvine gets her bath from Gordon. It's quite entertaining. I highly recommend this episode. Here's a picture of my sweet Irvine:



You know you've been in Mommy-land too long when you write an entire blog post about a Sesame Street character.

No comments:

Post a Comment