So the other day I was chatting with Hubby and I said I thought Chloe had really started growing out of the terrible twos and she'd been so pleasant to be around lately. Not many discipline issues, very sweet and respectful.....well...I spoke too soon.
Last night confirmed to me that I need to pick up "The Strong Willed Child" from my nightstand where it's been sitting for the last month or so and read it, again, and completely.
We had a battle on our hands in the form of pasta and homemade applesauce, aka: Chloe's dinner. She's been taking a few bites, saying she's full and then asking for a snack 20 mins later. Well Hubby wasn't havin' it last night and he made her sit at the table for an hour after everyone else was done. She tried every trick in book to get down from that table and Hubby was firm. She didn't eat, but she stayed, and she did not get a snack when she got down. I'm gearin' up for another round tonight. Maybe tonight I'll man up and help out instead of whimpering in the corner like last night (it was an emotional day, that's my excuse!).
If anyone has any suggestions to get my almost 3 yr old to actually eat her food, I'll be indebted to your forever!
We have been having this same issue with Eva Rose lately. She will pick at her breakfast, then 20 min later whine that she is hungry.
ReplyDeleteI just say over and over, I am sorry, you are hungry because you didn't eat your breakfast, now you will have to wait till snack. We do snack at 10am and 3pm religiously so if she is hungry, too bad so sad.
Seems to be helping. Just stand tough, Momma!
PS I do give her some milk usually tho to help tide her over. Often she gets some milk or water, and forgets about being hungry anyway.
ReplyDelete