I am not a fan of politics. Really, it stresses me out. I feel like I never know enough to discuss the issues and discussing them in my family (parents, sibling) is not really an option as they have opinions that are the exact opposite of mine. Things get heated. Confrontation makes me uncomfortable.
I don't love either candidate this time around. But I have to look at the issues that are important to me and see where each candidate stands on them. Abortion. Traditional marriage. Death penalty. Protecting America. Even considering these things I still question a candidate's true character. Is he a chameleon, changing his passion for these causes to fit the audience he is attempting to sway? I'm not apathetic about the election, as my family thinks, I just trust that God is in control. He knows the outcome already and He has a plan for our country.
Sometimes I feel like my vote does not even matter (darn that electoral college!) living in California. Honestly, CA is not going to turn red over night. We do however have many state propositions that are a big deal this time around! So yes, Hubby and I voted, even if half our ballot might as well be blank!
What are your election thoughts??
Same here in Texas, but on the opposite.
ReplyDeleteI think that the pendulum swings back and forth every 8 years or so. So, we have a Democrat president, in another 8 years the Republicans will sweep back in.
The only thing that concerns me is abortion. I grieve for what may take place in the next 8 years because Obama is not just pro-choice, he is pro-abortion. He has made it clear he will push for MORE abortions, not less by eliminating restrictions and promoting federal funding. And that breaks my heart.
Well I just got a chance to sit down and read your blob now so my thoughts are this. I do feel a lot like you when it comes to politics. Although I did feel like I new and understood more about it all this year. I found my self upset and confused after Brian and I were walking back from voting and during the rest of the day as my parents were visiting and the news was on the entire day.
ReplyDeleteBut then thursday at my mops meeting Amy, the girl who does our devotionals, made me think of all of this in a different way. She is half black and so let us know that she did not vote for Obama even when others thought she may have. She talked about our hope in God and how he did know the outcome even before the election started and that we have to look to him and trust that he will be with us. She read Prov. 21:1 and Rom. 13:1. She talked about how God commands us to follow are Government, for they were placed there by God, and that we should stop winning and pray for our leaders.