Monday, November 17, 2008

Thanksgiving Craft

I stole a fun idea from Blue's Clues today. Thanks Steve. Drumroll...... A book you make with your child containing all the things they are thankful for!

Chloe and I talked about what she is thankful for (first discussing what it means to be thankful!) and with a bit of guidance we selected things around our home to take pictures of, printed them, and glued them onto cardstock, creating her book! She loved posing next to her playhouse, the open refrigarator, her comfy bed etc. and I felt it was a great lesson pre-Thanksgiving and Christmas. We also discussed how God blesses us with everything we have, and some children do not have what Chloe has and how we can pray for them and donate items to organizations that help these kids (I'm prepping her for Operation Christmas Child shopping!).

She really got it! It was fun putting her book together and I'll post some pics soon!

2 comments:

  1. How funny.... we totally watched that same show yesterday. Well, I didn't... but the kids did.

    You are such a fun mommmy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this, so glad you shard. I will have to remember that when Nathalie is older.

    ReplyDelete