Last weekend when I was driving to Los Banos to meet up with my sweet friend April I was listening to the series on child trainig. I didn't even know the difference between child training and teaching. Donna Otto, the speaker, explains it clearly. Her message convicted me! #2 is fifteen months old and has received no training, discipline, teaching or anything else yet! Dealing with a toddler (Chloe) takes all my energy and I still give the excuse for Ava Joy "She's just a baby, she doesn't know yet!". Well last night we had a battle. Her will vs. mine. It was not pretty. So we're definetly going to be workin' on that child training business!! Any suggestions for getting a 3 year old and 1 year old to share will be greatly appreciated!!
I was looking up Bible passages this morning to read nightly for Advent and came up with this. What a fun site! I'm going to scan thru these today and make sure they're easy for my girls to understand then print off little strips with verses and stuff our calendar!
Have a blessed day ya'll!
See? Now you are a oneplace addict like me!!
ReplyDeleteWhen you get that sharing thing figured out, you let me know, ok? ;)
Once they are older, I have learned the magic phrase, "Work it out." As in, trust me, you will be happier if you do not involve your mean Mommy in this. But with a 15 month old, not much will work well but getting older. Teaching the phrases "your turn" and "my turn" are the only suggestions I have for ya.