
I'm not sure if it's stress of the season, our current stressful circumstances or the fact that I'm not sleeping worth anything lately. I've been a tired, grouchy Soon-to-be-Soccer Mom. Straight up.
The past few weeks I've been teaching Chloe to memorize Scripture, and she LOVES it. I love it as well because I'm learning too, and watching her find such joy in this task has encouraged my heart! So yesterday she asks me to say the "The joy of the Lord one" (Nehemiah 8:10). For the life of me I couldn't remember the end of the verse. I was feeding Ava her oatmeal and didn't want to get up to look the verse up. I just kinda brushed Chloe off (yes, I totally did, I've been THAT kind of Mommy!) and very quietly she said "It's strength Mommy. The joy of the Lord is my strength. Say it Mommy. SAY IT!"
If that's not Jesus speaking to me through my child, I don't know what is. I got teary and kissed my sweet girl and thanked God for this amazing gift.
precious! (straight up) LOL
ReplyDeleteYour girls sound sweet. It is hard at times, especially when you are not sleeping. I have been having the same problem lately, not bc of the kids, but just imsonia I guess. But it is very frustrating. And about 4:00pm I am struggling to keep a "sweet spirit." But He is faithful and will carry you through this. I will pray for a very sleepful night for you.
ReplyDeletehow precious! i'd love to hear more about your methods of teaching her memorization!
ReplyDeletewe've tried the ABC verses, but haven't gotten very far...my fault!