Friday, January 30, 2009

Finally Friday

This week has been unbearably long. In fact the month of January has just dragged on! Seriously, we've been stuck in January forever. I'm so happy it's almost over and we're onto February! Chloe's been saying that "Valen day will make Daddy feel!". Precious.

An update on Hubs...He did go to work yesterday. Everyone at his work was trying to send him home. I think it was good for all of us that he was gone though, made things feel normal and gave us a great distraction from his situation. After work he went and had another ct with dye contrast. He said those shakes you have to drink are disgusting.

We should hear back from our Dr. this morning...but honestly, I'm not really expecting them to find anything. The last time we spoke to our doctor he had no explanation for us and said he thinks this may just be a weird virus that just has to run its course. I'm praying for complete healing for Hubs, as it will be testament to anyone of God's faithfulness.

I'm doing the Beth Moore study "Esther" right now and our video yesterday was discussing the rivalry between Haman and Mordecai and how it was generational. She explained that Saul was told by God to destroy the Amalikites, including their king, Agag (Haman's descendant), which he disobeyed. The reason for destroying the Amalikites was because they attacked the Israelites as they were fleeing Egypt, when they were most vulnerable, on the road, tired, worn out, on their way to the promised land. The enemy attacks at our most vulnerable place. Out of our comfortable place, on our way to great things God's promised.

This is so true for us right now. We've made some major decisions for our family, left what is comfortable and we're on our way to the place God has for us. We are worn. We are tired. But we're still committed to making changes, despite the things Satan is throwing in our path.

Thanks for your prayers and encouragement. I'll continue to post updates, please keep praying for healing, wisdom and strength through this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment