Thursday, January 1, 2009

A New Year, A Fresh Start

I am not big on New Year's resolutions. I feel like they are usually unrealistic goals, a sure way to set yourself up for failure.

This year however, I feel led to set apart a few lifestyle changes to focus on this year. Life style changes may be too strong a term, but I'm trying to avoid the "r" word (resolution, shhh!!). Just to make sure these, ahem, changes, are preserved for my dear children to read someday, I will blog them.

I enrolled in a cardio pilates class today. It starts Monday. Along with this class, I'm shooting for running three other days a week, either at the crack before Hubs leaves for work, or in the PM when he gets home. Dietary modifications will coincide. I WILL lose my baby love by the end of June. I'm trying to be incredibly realistic. 30lbs in 6 mos. That means 5lbs a month, 1lb a week. I feel like that's totally do-able. Peace out chubby girl! Hello Yummy Mummy!

Embrace each moment with my girls. Put aside the housework. Turn off the computer and enjoy their childhood. Constantly.

Continue to attemp to do homeschooling with Chloe (pre-school for now) three days a week. We've been doing pretty well the past three weeks and she is loving learning with Mommy. I'd like to brag that she's mastered writing an A,B,C, and D but not quite. We're workin' on it. She has memorized three Bible verses and definetly has the attention span to sit and learn for 20-30 mins.

Be in the Word. More. Daily. Faithfully. Prayerfully. Consistently.

Continue to give my struggles for control of my life over to Him. My marriage, kids, lifestyle, moods, finances, desires. They're all His, not even close to mine.

I'm excited for this new year, a fresh start. To close the door on 2008 here are a few of my fave pics from the past couple of days...





1 comment:

  1. I'm excited about your running. My sister has started running and she loves it. It is something I have always wanted to do.

    ReplyDelete