Saturday, January 10, 2009

RIP Compy 1.0

After seven long years of faithful service, my college laptop died yesterday. Along with about two months of photos I didn't back up. You'd think after four crashes in the last four years I would have learned my lesson. Nope.

So we went computer shopping yesterday, as I was sweating and shaking with blog withdrawl symptoms. Found new compy v. 2.0 at Best Buy and I'm already amazed that it really doesn't take 10 minutes for Photoshop to open, and I can be on the internet at the same time!

So thank you Compy 1.0 for getting me through those nights of 10 pg papers due the next day, the time of not-so-legal music sharing (before it was really really illegal- don't worry I've changed my ways!), the days before myspace and facebook (I definetly would not have done as well in college with those distractions!). Compy survived several toddler attacks, though the space bar was never the same after Chloe removed it and chewed it. Compy 1.0 will now be donated to the play of my children, just to keep her in the family.

Welcome to the family Compy 2.0! You'd better last as long as your predecessor, unless you plan on making Mama a pretty penny with Ebay sales to pay you off quickly! We have high expectations, new girl with your shiny silver keyboard....



1 comment: