I know this is lighthearted fun for the viewers (sometimes not so lighthearted when I'm yelling at my t.v.) but this is REAL (ish) life for the people on that show. Whether it's scripted or not, these are real choices they make. Choosing to stay in the "fantasy suite" with a guy they've gone on a few dates with. Choosing to say "I love you" to a guy dating two other women. Choosing to stick around, even if they're not sure deep down that this is the guy for them.
The desperation was oozing out of my t.v. last night. I shared with Hubby (yes, he watches with me, making his own hilarious comments throughout) that if these women have an inkling of attraction or feelings for this man they are forced by the competitive aspect of the show to make their feelings so much stronger for Jason just to stick around and find out if there's a chance. Why else would the success rate of these marriages be so dismal? Face it, if these 25 women who started the show met Jason in a bar randomly, he would still probably be alone. It's so unrealistic for all of these women to "fall for him" as they all claim.
Peace out Jillian, count yourself blessed that you won't be another Bachelor divorce statistic. I really like Melissa and am rooting for her, but at the same time, want better for her.
Sorry this post is so Debbie Downer...next week is the show where all the ladies come back to confront Jason and this is usually my favorite show during the season...lot's of trash talkin' over a guy they knew for a few weeks!
I hear you about all of that. But still what am I going to do with myself when this is over. I can't help but be so attracted to the drama of this show. I hope he picks Melissa too. Have you seen Chris Harrison's blog? It is pretty hysterical, especially last week.
ReplyDeletepreach it sista. I was thinking the same thing last night. How in the world do you "fall for someone" in 2 or 3 dates? shesh! I still watch though. its like a bad a accident....you can't tear your eyes away even though you know it's a mess
ReplyDelete