So I bought the girls little treats for Valentines Day...Chloe got some Moon Sand and Ava got the Worst-Gift-Ever-For-A-Clean-Freak-Mom. I don't know what I was thinking when I bought it. My sweet friend with the 2 year old twin boys recommended this product and being the mom of children crazier than my Ava, I took her word on it.
Now at Casa Soccer Mom we do not do markers, unless they're the Crayola Magic ones that are clear and only show color on special paper. Even Chloe, 3 yrs old, does not get to touch regular markers. One time at church she colored with markers and came home with orange hands. I almost passed out.
So then why did I throw my beliefs out the window and buy these:

(When I save-as-ed this picture to upload I titled it crayolasatan)
These things OOOOZED marker-y liquid all over. Puddles of it on Ava, her tray, her paper, her high chair, her jammies and in her mouth. Now yes, she probably is way too young for markers, as she still eats anything. But seriously, they're marketed for young toddlers. The liquid did wash off easily (not sure about her jammies yet). But still a HUGE mess. Never. Again. Will. I. Go. Against. My. Mommy. Instinct.
Now that I've spoke my peace...
We went to farmers market this morning and Hubby bought me these:
And since our babysitter canceled we're taking the girls on our date with us. The server will get a big fat tip if she gets us in and out without any meltdowns. I'll let ya know how it goes...
Happy Dallens Day!
****Update****
The girls were absolute angels at the restraunt! Ava Joy loves drinking lemonade from a straw and that kept her occupied, and I brought the amazing COLOR WONDER (not leaky yucky) markers which entertained Chloe. After dinner we went and walked around the mall. The Disney store was having a buy one get one free say on their plush toys (I may have purchased a stuffed Cinderella and stuffed Snow White for the girls' Easter baskets---shhh!). It was such a fun evening!!
I love the gerber daisies... my fav too. I am going to buy Chloe a fat set of washable markers and send them to her.
ReplyDeleteI, like you, don't like a mess. Thanks for the heads up but sorry you had to go through the disaster.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree!! Someone bought Elijah those markers and we tried them. Not only is he already holding a marker the correct way, and these things are awkward to hold, but they did bleed marker everywhere! Not fun! Happy Valentine's Day! Hope your dinner out was special! Love you
ReplyDeleteSorry about the yucky markers. Hope you had fun on your date with hubby and the girls. You will have to give us an update.
ReplyDelete