Saturday, February 7, 2009

Pottery Barn on a Big Lot's Budget...

The title describes my home decorating dilemma. And I made the mistake of telling Chloe (prematurely)that we were looking for a new bed for her, a bigger one (she's in a toddler bed, and way too big for it!) before aforementioned bed was purchased and assembled. Now, every other other two minutes, I hear "Mommy, I neeeeeeedddd a new bed!". Ideally I'd like two beds, one for sister that can be stored until she's about 5 and calms down enough to sleep without a cage around her. We hit up a few furniture stores today and the selection is limited!! So frustrating. I've already promised my toddler bed to a friend by early summer...so the clock's a' tickin'!

So besides getting new beds, there's soo much I'd love to do to our home! But...(always a but!) we're renting and don't want to really pour money into a house that's not ours for keeps! So in the mean time I'm trying to make us a traditional, cozy, kid-friendly, adult-friendly, beautiful home, without spending much money! Yeah right! Good luck Soccer Mom!

Stores like Marshall's, Home Goods, Tuesday Morning and yes...Big Lot's often have super fun stuff if you have the patience to dig, and dig. I love looking at websites for decorating ideas. My new favorite is... The Inspired Room and I am a little obsessed with this home pictured in Southern Living.

Do you have any frugal decorating ideas? (Or a free, gorgeous twin bed set you'd like to bless the sweetest, cough, little girl ever with??)


1 comment:

  1. we would have so much fun together on a home goods shopping spree!! you should check craigslist for twin beds.

    ReplyDelete