What started as a tiny sore throat turned into 4 days of a fever before I finally went to the doctor. He informed me that I had a very serious kidney infection, and a pretty nasty throat infection. An antibiotic shot was administered (in a not-so-fun place) and I got some antibiotic pills as well. My body didn't take to the pills the first few days, so I got a few more shots, then finally the pills started doing their job.
When Chloe started complaining that her throat hurt on Thursday evening I knew I needed to take her in right away. Sure enough...she caught my throat infection! I'm so thankful that Hubby is off and can take care of all of us since I'm still not back to normal yet.
What was amazing to me was what happened Thursday night. I was in so much pain from the kidney infection I couldn't even move. I was laying in bed, miserable, depressed and exhausted. Hubby decided to call a few friends and ask them to pray for me. Within 10 minutes my fever was gone, I could get up and walk around and I was starving (I hadn't really eaten in about a week). The power of prayer astounds me.
And I'm not the only one needing this prayer right now. Check out MckMama's blog and pray for her sweet son Stellan. Let's storm heaven's gates with prayer for this sick little boy.
Happy Sunday friends. I'm so glad to be back to blogging!
No comments:
Post a Comment