As to why my 18mo old wants to be potty trained. On a whim, I suggested to Hubby that he put her on the toilet before bathtime. And what did she do? A big 'ol tinkly in the toilet! And she was so proud of herself! An hour into bedtime, she was still awake, screaming something that sounded like "tee-boh! tee-boh!" which Hubby claimed is what she said when she peed on the toilet. So, on another whim, we put her on the potty. And what did she do? PEED. IN. THE. TOILET.
I'm so not ready for this. I've got a good 6 months at least before I should even start thinking about this. I guess I'm just going to follow her lead. What the princess wants (or screams for)...the princess gets(reluctantly).
no more diapers to buy... go for it!!
ReplyDeleteI only hope that my kids want to potty train themselves. It's hard to let them grow up, but at least she is not four and still in diapers. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYes, you have to look on the bright side. No more diapers. For awhile anyway. Some of mine would do that and we would go through all the proper training and then a month later they were kicking and screaming they wanted a diaper. I would recommend doing what is best for you, the mom. Let her potty if she thinks it is fun, but don't press it.
ReplyDeleteThank you for your help with the link thing. I got that and practiced, but how do you make it say the name of the blog you are linking to without it showing the http and blogspot wording. Does that make sense?
Emily has pooped on the toilet since she was 18 months and peed on it since 22 months. I, like you, wasn't ready. Maybe it's because big sister does it?? Not sure. On the bright side, not buying diapers is a huge plus!!
ReplyDelete