Today I have two exhausted little girls. Two little girls who have not fallen asleep at night before 10 (the last 4 nights), and have still been up at 7 the next morning. These are my 7 to 7 kids, going on 3 hours less of sleep. The House of Soccer Mom is out whack right now.
We were brave yesterday (I was brave) and we took the girls to the beach. I have issues with sticky sand and sticky salt water. I overcame these issues with a big ole container of baby powder aka the magic sand remover.
I was not expecting them to love the beach as much as they did! I thought we'd just do jeans and t-shirts since it was only about 65 degrees. Both girls ended up stripped down, laying in the water, eating wet sand and there may or may not have been a peeing incident. More about that later.

Ava still wearing pants.

Ava having fun with Daddy. (No pants)

My girl dancing in the waves (no pants).
We hunted sea shells. Andrew dug a big pit for Chloe to lay in. Much fun was had, by most. I admit I was having a panic attack as their lips were turning blue, and as their clothes ended up soaked and we had to find a Wal-Mart to buy new ones so we could go to dinner, and as Ava screamed because I would not let her back in the water. She was broken-hearted.


I'm so mean. Even meaner since I take pictures to capture these moments, then blog about them.
And now to the title of this post.
Chloe may have said she needed to pee on the wet mud (sand). I may have freaked because the bathroom was 2 miles away. I may have told Hubby, who in turn told me to walk away. We may have ignored Chloe as she took her panties off and spread her legs and peed in the sand, as the wind blew a glorious spray all around her. On a beach full of people. Who stopped. And commented that "Hey, if boys can do it, why can't girls?!". At least they were impressed and not mortified.
Andrew may have pretended to be shocked and run over and tell Chloe to put her panties on and what was she doing peeing on the beach?!
I may have run away from my family, pretending they didn't belong to me.
This may have been the best beach memory ever.
For SHAME!
ReplyDeleteLast week we were in the backyard and I was taking pictures of the kids. Eva Rose took my camera and said she wanted to take some. I went inside. Later I downloaded the pix and guess what I saw? My son peeing in the backyard with a very mischievous look on his face.
I was so proud.
It will not make its way on the blog.