Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Blog Carnival! Brag about your kids...

Missy at It's Almost Naptime is our Blog Carnival host today and she's inviting all you Mamma's to brag about your little monkeys! So often we fail to share the awesome things about our kids, in order to avoid being that mommy whose kids are perfect. So today, let it rip!!


Chloe Grace, age 3
This is the baby I prayed for beginning on my wedding night, eight months later we were with child!

Chloe has such a mature, fun sense of humor and loves to make people laugh. She also has the biggest, softest heart ever. When she was about 10 months old she would toddle around her nursery at church making sure all the other kids had a full cup of goldfish crackers, and if they didn't she would feed them her own. She's quick to get Sissy a toy or snack when she's crying, she is the kid at church who jumps up to sit with the child nobody is playing with. She is a lover.

She loves reading her story Bible and memorized the names of the disciples at age 2. She loves learning Scripture and God has placed it on her heart to quote Nehemiah 8:10 "The joy of the Lord is your strength" many times to me when I'm overwhelmed or grouchy.

She loves her sister, begs me for a brother, and is so gentle with other kids.

I'm beyond blessed by her sweet spirit and compassionate heart.


Ava Joy, age 19 mos

This little one is pure firecracker. She is a bundle of energy like I've never seen!

Just in the past week or so she's decided to talk. And she talks with such a sweet little voice, and cute little lisp! Her favorite phrases right now are "Mickey Mouse!" (like on her diaper!) and "Coh-wey has barf" (due to an unfortunate incident the other night). She is excellent with her pleases, thank yous and excuse mes. It's surprising to hear such politeness from such a peanut.

I've been so blessed with her that she is an excellent sleeper and eater! The girl can eat more than I can, and even though it took her 8 months to sleep thru the night, she has always napped like a champ, which has preserved my sanity (sort of).

Ava loves to sing, and can sing the tune to almost any song she's heard. Her friends call her Sissy, and she calls herself Aya. It's precious!

I can't wait to see what kind of little girl she's going to be as she's so much fun now, I'm excited to see what the Lord has in store for her!

Link up at Missy's and brag about your little ones!!



1 comment:

  1. Precious!!! What sweet little girls!!

    Hmm, I think I need to be teaching mine some Nehemiah.

    When Eva Rose started referring to herself, she called herself Sissy Rose. We still call her that. So maybe your's will be Sissy Joy. :)

    ReplyDelete