I have been a southern California girl my whole life. I am accustomed to your stubborn ways of bringing unbearable heat prior to June and into November. But this year you've gone too far.
97 degrees in April.
It's just not natural.
Despite the fact that my girls loved playing in their swimming pool yesterday, helping wash the car and eating ice cream outside, we really don't need your foolery this year. We would be content with 75 degrees. Even cooler, considering that it's still spring and has the right to be chilly.
I don't like running my a/c one week after running my heater in the morning.
It's just not natural.
Get this crazy heat wave out of your system this week and then give me back the rest of spring.
Seriously.

ps. Please scorch the thermometers on ABC 7. I cannot stand to hear the words "Heat Wave 2009". They are the most annoying words ever, behind "Storm Track 2009" when it is barely sprinkling outside.
97! That is Alabama weather! As we would say here in the South, Bless your heart.
ReplyDeleteSeriously! I don't even get the southern benefits of a cute accent or sweet tea....
ReplyDelete