Tuesday, May 12, 2009

It's the little things....

Once you've left the newlywed stage, and like us, jumped right into the new parent stage your marriage tends to take a backseat to parenting that new little bundle of joy. We got pregnant after 8 months of marriage. Do I regret starting our family that quickly? No way! I knew God was calling me to this life. Do I miss those lazy Saturday mornings laying in bed? Totally!


Sometimes when I see Chloe, I don't see her as 3 year old Chloe. I see her as "this is the child you prayed for" Chloe. And when I see Andrew with this Chloe it blows me away to see him as her father, and not just my husband. As a SAHM I do most of the parenting between the hours of 7 am and 4 pm. I know the foods they like, don't like, things that happened during the day. I hear the funny phrases, kiss their boo-boos and get to sing the silly songs.


But when Daddy comes home things change. Sometimes it's bliss. Sometimes it's a tug-of-war for our attention as Hubs and I try to reconnect. And no matter what, it's always precious to see Hubs love on his girls.


The other night we met some friends from out of town for dinner at Downtown Disney. While my girlfriend was getting her little ones ready in their hotel Hubs took Ava Joy to walk around the hotel for a bit. She doesn't do well when Mommy is holding another baby!


Once we got to dinner Hubs showed me a little surprise he bought for Chloe in the hotel giftshop. A new pair of earrings! Tinkerbell earrings!


I was so blown away that my husband, Chloe's daddy, would take it upon himself to buy her a special pair of earrings. I immediately teared up. And at dinner he gave them to her. Now in her 3 year old ways she didn't fully get the special-ness of the situation. But I did.


It was precious watching him put those little earrings in her ears. I was reminded of all the ups and downs we've faced since having children, they flashed in my memory like in a movie.


I love Andrew for the husband he is. And for the father he is to our girls. There's nothing more precious than your man tenderly loving on your 3 year old, putting brand new earrings in her ears.


April captured Chloe's face as she saw herself in the mirror with her new earrings.



2 comments: