Friday, June 12, 2009

‘Twas the night before moving…

'Twas the night before moving, all boxes were packed

The cupboards were empty, the bins were all stacked

Our towels were hung by the shower with care

My Paul Mitchell flat iron awaiting my messy hair

The children all lay, snug in their beds

The grownups, with details filling our heads

Hubby's muscles: tensed and buff

Ready to carry huge boxes of stuff

Our helpers would join us at the crack of dawn

Piling furniture upon our front lawn

Loading it all into the trucks

Me, in the car, running to Starbucks

The girls all set, going to play at Nana's

Me, praying to Jesus, she doesn't let them watch Hannah Montana

The new house, all shiny and clean

With millions of stairs to make my legs lean

We finally drift off to sleep

Our last night here and not a peep

Up with the sun we are the next day

Onto new adventures, I pray

Let's hope for more space, laughter and fun

And maybe even another little one

Oh Moving Day, How I've dreaded you so!

Now you're upon us, get ready, let's go!

3 comments:

  1. Nice poem! I am praying for many wonderful memories in your new home! And a little one to join you there:) Eric will be there bright and early... and I will eagerly await a visit to your new home once you are settled! Love you my friend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So clever! I can't ever think of cute stuff like that. And I haven't done the Shred, but I did do five, yes just five, situps last week and I was sore the whole next day. After four babies, those muscles had taken a looonnnggg vacation. I'm working on it though. But no Shred for me, yet, maybe, ????

    ReplyDelete
  3. so i am anxious to hear how the move is going... you should post another clever poem about the day after moving.

    ReplyDelete