So packing will take on a new method today, given that I really only have 6 days left and a whole lotta junk in my house. We will use the "throw all the crap in a box and sort thru it at the new house" method. Nice huh?
We have the keys to our new house and are free to move stuff in anytime, but the big utility switch begins on the 12th. Can I just tell ya'll that I spent literally 5 hours on the phone on Tuesday switching over like 6 utility companies. And we're only moving 15 minutes away, so 4 of the 6 were just transfers, only 2 had to be new accounts. Grrr....I hate being on the phone, especially on hold listening to ads for our trash company for 35 minutes. And note to trash company phone operator: maybe you should just turn your computer on in the morning, instead of when I call at 11:30 and you have me on hold while your computer boots up. And telling me that you can't open my account page but I can give you our new address anyways and you'll write it on a scrap and enter it later makes me think that I will not have trash pick up at my new house.
So today I get to use new packing method, finish getting things ready for our MOPS steering retreat this weekend (bad timing for this soccer mom!), and hopefully have two very entertained and obedient children.
Everyday this week I've had to close my eyes to whatever Chloe is wearing, I swear the girl's legs have grown 5 inches in the last two weeks, and her foot size has gone up two sizes since Easter. Can we say booty shorts? And dresses that don't quite cover everything when she bends over? Her faithful brown sparkly flip flops from last summer now fit her little sister and I felt sad to pass them along. My girls are growing so fast and I need to get this girl some clothes that fit!
In all my free time right?

ps. Took a look around the new house last night and realized we have very limited kitchen cupboard space. Such a bummer. Any tips for reorganizing a kitchen??
So sorry! It is weird how things will be going along so calm and then "WHAM" it all hits at one time. And the moving! Yuck. It will all be over soon and then you can post some pics for us to see.
ReplyDelete