Sunday, June 28, 2009

What My Girls Are Up To....

  • Chloe is most definetly 3 going on 13. Her new favorite word is 'totally', and 'cool' has been making it's appearance also.
  • Ava now gives Mommy about 2.2 seconds to respond to her request (or demand) before reaching absolute meltdown. She turns two at the end of August.
  • The girls get along well, for the most part, but the past few days they've done the freakout thing in the car when one of them touches the other's carseat. I totally remember doing this with my brother when we were kids and it drove my mom crazy. Payback stinks.
  • Ava is talking up a storm! She loves to sing and absolutely loves Veggie Tales. Because of our recent stress I've put off potty training, cutting her off her paci and moving her to a big girl bed. Life is so stressful I'm thinking she'll be a paci-sucking, diaper wearing, crib sleeper until she's 12. Poor thing.
  • Chloe prays every night for Jesus to give us a new house. She prays for one with stairs and a swimming pool. Me too, little girl, me too.
  • About 850 times a day Chloe says to me "Mommy, guess what? I love you!". She's also learning about tithing and giving to others that don't have what we have. Her Sunday school class has been teaching them about tithing for a while and I didn't know. Every Sunday she would ask me for money and finally I got wind as to why. I had no idea they taught the kids this at age 3, but she totally gets it!
  • We love going to the Zoo and Wild Animal Park and I especially love spontaneous trips to either. Last week we had to drive into "town" (yes, we're far from everything now!) and I decided we should go to the Wild Animal park after running errands. It was 6:00pm, the park closed at 8, so we had a good, but short, adventure!
  • This summer is turning out to be the opposite of last summer, swimming-wise. Last summer Chloe was terrified of water and Ava loved it, this year they've flip flopped! Chloe is just the right age for swimming lessons too!
  • Chloe was introduced to Barbies at my parents' house last week. I'm not thrilled about this, but I convinced her to keep them at Nana's house. (They're all my old Barbies.) I'm not sure I'm okay with Barbie having "parts". I just think she's too young still....my mom has a different opinion, but I think she just wants to unload them on me!

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot going on. Good stuff though, with two girls in the house. I am not far from you with the meltdown about not responding quick enough. James is 2 1/2 now and can say some sentences so it's not so bad, but he will grab my hand and say "I want juice now!" We are working on please to make it sound a little nicer. It might help also if I would not tune him out so much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the best time to go to the wild animal park, i love it! The animals seem to be most active, and the park can sometimes be almost empy! What a special time to be spontaneous with your girls. :)

    ReplyDelete