I had a softball coach back in the day who would use the saying- Excuses are like butts. Everyone has one. And they all stink.
When I came upon The Nester's site with all of her beautiful decorating ideas I was in awe. Then when I read that several of her homes pictured were rentals she had lived in...well, she spoke to my soul. I decided to suck it up, do something with my house using her inspiration and start enjoying the place I live instead of only looking forward to the day we move out. Which who knows when that is with our latest real estate drama!
So I started reading about her window mistreatments.
I was inspired by her free e-book.
I love her saying "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful".
She gave me decorating courage I've sorely been lacking.
And this is the result- my super cheap living room make-over. It's not much, but it's added so much. I can see past the white walls, stained carpet and not-so-ideal layout.
I so wanted to share the sites that inspire me, so I added their links to my left side bar. As I mentioned, The Nester has a wonderful free e-book, you just have to sign up for her newsletter (hello! more decorating tips!).

**Update: I wrote this when we were living in our old rental (the pre-burglary days!) and meant to add pictures, which I would now, but they were stolen, along with most of our other memories, with my beautiful new laptop a few months ago! Grrr!!! I promise I'll do another cheap decorating post once we move into the new place!
So, do we get to see the mistreatments? Please....
ReplyDelete