Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Favorite Things About Sunday

I love Sundays. I don't know about you, but to me, it feels like the one day that things slow down. It doesn't matter if I'm feeling ambitious and make a to-do list or if I decide to be lazy and have a long nap, I still feel accomplished come Sunday evening.
I love waking up late(ish) enjoying my coffee in a quiet house and taking my time getting ready for church before the girls get up. I love dressing my girls in special church clothes and snuggling up to watch Veggie Tales before we leave for church (which doesn't start until 10:30).
I love our church. Each week I'm fed spiritually by our pastor, embraced by a church family, and get to see all the volunteers in the nurseries love on my girls. I've been at our church since I was 15, and we've attended here almost the whole 5 years we've been married. The children's ministry ladies held my girls as newborns and now teach them about Jesus as toddlers.
I love coming home, laying the girls down for naps, and having time to myself to read, sleep,blog, clean and hang out with Hubs. I love making Sunday dinners. Whether it's something simple or not, it feels like I am re-fueling my family for the week to come.

I don't know what it is about Sunday that so different or special, but I just feel the hustle and bustle melt away, just for one day.
What's your Sunday like, bloggy friends?? Any special traditions for your family (I love hearing about other people's traditions!!)?

(this was taken from Google Images and it's a local spot in my town during the annual balloon and wine festival, isn't it beautiful?!)


Be Blessed!



No comments:

Post a Comment