Thursday, September 24, 2009

Can You Translate??

*** Updated with the answers to my translation quiz! Thanks April, Mama Hen, and Christin (one of my oldest friends, who hasn't seen my girls for ages, but still got the most correct!)***


Here I am, distracting myself from the nausea. We had spagetti for dinner, and my poor tummy isn't handling it well! I'm praying for this horrid all-day-sickness to end SOON!

So a fun little game, if you want to play!

Can you translate/identify some words heard in our home out of the mouths of our babes?? I will try to spell these phonetically.... and maybe if more than two people participate there may be a to-be-determined prize involved!

Ready? Set....Go!

Gee-Gee Pacifier-originally called a binky, but then Chloe adapted it to Gee-Gee when she was about 10 months old. It's been Gee-Gee ever since!

Bubby Lovey- Ava Joy's favorite blanket

Muck Anything in a cup

Pin-ya-dee-uh Pinata-this is how my almost-4 year old says pinata, it's too cute to correct her!

Hi-won "Can I have one?"

Wop-a-hans Wash hands

Bell-bee Belly- Ava likes to see everyones, not much fun in a crowded store or restraunt when she's pulling at my shirt trying to get a glimpse!

Dee-bow Tinkerbell-Ava's favorite!!

I promise my kids can talk...most of these are Ava-isms, but a few have carried over from Chloe's baby days.

Good luck!

3 comments:

  1. ummmm... i hope muck isn't what i think it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only one I can even guess at is maybe Gee-Gee is Granny. I love baby talk!

    So sorry you are still feeling bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alright, I'm taking a shot at it.

    Gee-Gee- Pacifier

    Bubby- Blanket

    Muck- Milk

    Pin-ya-dee-ah- Pinyada( I can't even spell that word)

    Hi-won- this one is hard depending on if it's Chloe or Ava I'm gonna say "I want" or "I won"

    Wop-a-hands(if this is little neat freak chloe I'm goin with) "Wash our hands"

    Bell-be- Belly

    Dee-bow- (too hard, I'm lost on this one)

    ReplyDelete