Wednesday, September 30, 2009

It Makes Me Mad!!

Dear Jerk-face teenager at Costco,

This evening when you made that mean comment about my sweet 2 year old I wanted to punch you in the face. It's impossible to expect a small child to understand that she has to wait for her pizza to cool before she eats it, lest she burn her little tongue. Yes, she did get upset, and you saw that she was corrected for the fit she started to throw. You have no right to make your nasty comment "Man, if that were my kid....". You know what son? We've all thought that a time or two, but to speak it out loud RIGHT ACCROSS FROM ME deserves that fist in the face in my book. I am a hormonal pregnant girl yes, but I'm sure many moms would be on my side.

I wanted to come up to you and say lot's of unkind words but that would make me no better than you in your petty, immature ways. (So yes, I'm venting on my blog! It is my blog after all!)

This is the third time in three months that someone has made a rude comment when my child was crying in public. (Third time that I've heard!) But hello, it's not like we were at a museum! We were on the patio at Costco, and previous comments were made in the church parking lot (isn't that sad? a fellow church-goer making rude comments about a crying toddler!) and Target. Get used to it people. Kids cry. You have a problem with it? GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Signed,

(a very hormonal, pregnant, soccer mom)

ps. Did anyone watch the Duggar's last night? Did we notice lot's of mischief amongst the Duggar children? See, I knew my kids weren't the only ones!!

2 comments:

  1. Lisa~

    So with you.....when I saw Johanna hit Jackson I turned to my husband and said, "See it is normal." If it happens in the Duggar house, then I can count my child's behavior as normal. When I have heard such comments about my child I am too shocked to come up with a response. Then, I spend the whole way home recounting the incident and what I would have liked to say. Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, that makes me mad too!!!! way to vent! seriously, some people have NO idea.

    ReplyDelete