Now the days that she has woken up that early and actually gotten to wave to Daddy are few and far between. It's definetly not part of her routine, although I'm sure she'd like to make it part.
Poor little thing, bless her heart.
Also bless my neighbors that may think I'm torturing my kids every day at 6:51. I'm not worried about CPS or the police showing up at my house because the cops are here about once a month anyways due to us reporting some crime that's been committed against us. They know us well.
Last week when an officer came to take our stolen mail report, Chloe won him over by offering him some warm chocolate chip cookies. Last month she in informed yet another officer that she has lot's of toys and had taco bell for dinner. And the first time she saw the police at our house she informed them that this was our rental and it has stairs but we're not going to be here for five times (an infinite number in my 3 year old's mind!).
My daughter is not shy. Sometimes while she's chatting up perfect strangers, sharing intimite details of our lives, I'm holding my breath, trying to think of a good excuse to escape the conversation in fear of what she might say.
This is what I imagine "Hi police man, yesterday I was naughty and mommy swatted me the with the spank-atula!" Police- "what's a spank-atula?" Chloe- "it's a black spoon Mommy keeps on my dresser to remind me to be good and if I'm naughty she swats my booty with it. If I obey and take the spankin' I get three swats, if I fight Mommy, I get five." Police- "oh, really? can I have a word with you Mrs. Soccer-Mom?". Me- GULP.
(Disclaimer:She does not get spanked often! Please don't think I beat my child! These occurances are very few and far between and only for direct disrespectful disobedience, followed by hugs and kisses and prayer!! But ask any dramatic 3 year old and the story sounds way harsher than it actually is!)
Chloe also likes to comment on things to me when we're out. Last week she saw two Indian men wearing turbans. She loudly asked me what were those things on their heads (right in front of the men). She'll comment on other children's behavior (Mommy, that boy is havin' a fit and actin' a fool! But it's not our business, right Mommy? Is he going to get spanked?) She thinks if she follows up the comment with it's not our business she can say whatever she wants.
Bless my Chloe, with her honesty and bold spirit. With proper training, she can be a bold witness for Christ. (I tell myself this often.) In the meantime....we'll just try and teach her to lower her voice when we're out in public!
Nice one, Lisa... I loved this post! So funny and well written!!! I miss you guys.
ReplyDeleteCame over from It's Almost Naptime...
ReplyDeleteSo great! My oldest, H, and your Chloe sound so much alike. H is not a happy camper (at all) when she doesn't get time with her daddy in the morning. I get slightly nervous in public when she starts chatting, wondering what is going to come out of her mouth or when I see her eyes linger too long on one individual.
Your last paragraph hits the nail on the head! Loved this post. Thanks for sharing and reminding this mama that I'm not alone in the un-shy, tell-all world of raising kids.
Oh honey! Just wait! My Matt and Abbie are both chatty to whoever will listen. They will talk to anyone about anything.
ReplyDeleteThe spank-uatla! LOVE IT! Great name, we cal ours Mr. Fix-It.