Thursday, October 22, 2009

I am alone.

I am alone in my house right now. The quiet is amazing to me at this time of the morning.


The girls spent the night at their Nana's house for the first time ever last night. I love my kids, but also really have been pushing for this for a long time. I remember how much fun I had staying at my grandma's house when I was younger, and really wanted the girls to experience this. It's taken a long time to convince all parties involved. I think my mom was nervous having two little ones, so close in age, overnight. (My brother and I are 4 years apart, so she's never had the chaos that I do with my two being 21 months apart!)


It's also taken a while to convince Chloe that this would be fun, and not scary. Finally, with the promises of watching "Pocahontas", eating Pops' homemade waffles for breakfast, and having Ava stay too, she agreed. In fact, she barely noticed when we left last night.




Hubs and I didn't know what to do with ourselves! We stopped and got ice cream on the way home and it was glorious not having to share it! Unfortunately, I took some medicine that made me sleepy and was asleep before 8:30. I'm a real party animal huh?


I'm taking my time getting out the door this morning, enjoying the rest of a delicious danish I bought at Super Target yesterday, which I might add, I've eaten 95% of it in less than 24 hours. Yum!!



* Update* I just picked up two tired little monkeys. I guess they went to bed at 7:45, and at 9:30 after her 4th visit to the bedroom my mom had to seperate them. Apparently they were running around the bed, shouting "we're having fun!!!". And then they were both up at 5:30. Yikes! So now it's a little after 11am and they're both napping! We'll see what else today brings!!....

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome!! So glad you've had a little time to relax!

    p.s. got the table cloths.
    Did you knock? 'cause if you did, I didn't hear it... sorry:( I'll see you Monday nite

    ReplyDelete